Inspired by Gospel values we are an interfaith group who aim to promote Peace, Justice, and the Integrity of Creation.
1. We will do this by identifying local and global issues of injustice and its root causes and seeking to educate ourselves and better understand local, national, and global issues of justice and peace.
2. We will work with others where appropriate to educate and provide opportunities for faith communities in our Diocese and communities further afield, to engage and take action on issues of justice, peace and integrity of creation.
3. We will contribute regularly to newsletters, newspapers, diocesan website(s) and other social media to create awareness about issues of injustice, peace, climate change, ecological issues and of our planned activities and work.
4. We will actively engage with schools on relevant issues through projects and other initiatives.
5. We will value the experience of other groups working for Justice and Peace and where appropriate will collaborate with and seek to compliment their efforts to work for a better world.
Contact details for Raphoe JPIC
Contact: Rev Shane Gallagher, Chaplain, Letterkenny General Hospital.
Curia Spiritual Director: Glenties:
Letterkenny: Very Rev Patrick Dunne, PP, Kilmacrennan. 074 913 9016
Contact: Rev Damien Nejad, CC, Parochial House, Letterkenny, Co Donegal, F92 CF88. Tel: 074 9121021
The Raphoe Diocesan Society exists mainly to support Diocesan priests disabled by illness or age. Anyone wishing to become a Member or Benefactor may apply to their local priest. Four Masses will be offered in each parish each year; two for the living and two for the deceased Members and Benefactors. Annual Mass will be offered for the Society. The prayers of the congregations will be offered quarterly for Members registered in the previous three months. Parishioners are encouraged to join as living members and to enrol their deceased loved ones.
Secretary: Ven Archdeacon William McMenamin, PE, St Columba’s, Meetinghouse Street, Raphoe, Co Donegal. 074 914 4834.
Prays for vocations and helps in supporting seminarians in all stages of their formation.They meet once a month in the Pastoral Centre, Letterkenny, on the last Friday of the month.